Thread: The Time Has Come

The Time Has Come

Hi Guys (Especially Andries and Dave)

After much soal searching and after discussion with Mark, I have made the decision to end my postings on the site - my last question will be on the 30th January and therefore my last post will be on the 31st January

And so ends an era . . . .

My first Trivia post (well I seem to remember that it started before this, but I did not keep records from the beginning, so yes I can tell you who was correct on which dates ) I have recorded was the 1st January 2009 and the Trivia started on the 7th September of the same year.

It's been a blast, but it's now down to 3 of us playing and its no longer the "fun" and laughter that it used to be and quite honestly has become a burden rather than something that I'm chomping at the bit, to get to. I suspect that the huge increase in my work also has something to do with it, but as Dr John Demartini always says, "you always find the time to do the things you love" and I certainly have enjoyed my time doing this.

One by one though the people have left and the comraderie has gone and it's now an empty shell that Andries, Dave and I seem to rattle around in and perhaps it is best to leave with the good memories intact, rather than feeling despondent about what it has become.

So I trust that you all understand and that you make the final week one of laughter and fun again.

Best regards
    Nikki
    Regards
    Nikki Viljoen

Viljoen Consulting
    083 702 8849
    nikki@viljoenconsulting.co.za
    http://www.viljoenconsulting.co.za

"If I want your opinion I'll give it to you" or "Lead, follow or get out of the way!"

Totally understandable.

But thanks for the efforts you have put in over the years (is it that long ???). It is always one of the first things I check whenever I first go online each day.

Hope your business carries on going from strength to strength !

Dave.

Sjoe! That long!? Seemed like a month or two

Real++
    Software Engineering & Consulting
    (+27)(0)82 825 9797
    LinkedIn

Thanks Niks for your efforts. We must still have a get-together tho. How about Wed 4th Feb? Dave? Anyone else?

Real++
    Software Engineering & Consulting
    (+27)(0)82 825 9797
    LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by AndriesH View Post
    Thanks Niks for your efforts. We must still have a get-together tho. How about Wed 4th Feb? Dave? Anyone else?
    That sounds wonderful Andries, when I spoke to Mark he was going to contact you and do a get together at his place. I'll drop him a line and see when he wants to do it. He was also going to try and get hold of Tim and some of the old crew.
    Regards
    Nikki Viljoen

Viljoen Consulting
    083 702 8849

"If I want your opinion I'll give it to you" or "Lead, follow or get out of the way!"

Sounds good. Only problem is I'm in Durban !

Have a drink for me !

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSoane View Post
    Sounds good. Only problem is I'm in Durban !

Have a drink for me !

Dave.
    Will do Dave - don't you guys have get togethers anymore?
    Regards
    Nikki Viljoen

Viljoen Consulting
    083 702 8849

Once in a blue moon.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSoane View Post
    Once in a blue moon.

Dave.
    Well maybe it's time that the moon turned blue again
    Regards
    Nikki Viljoen

Viljoen Consulting
    083 702 8849

Was here at the very beginning of this forum, right when it all began.

I remember in the beginning when I gave Mark a heart attack very late one night when all you could see on the forum was post from Smiley ... it was fun doing it Mark. :-)

Any case, was great to know all of you here in cyberspace.
    One to live by:
    Problems and obstacles are opportunities ... if they do not kill you; they may make you a little bit wiser ... sometimes.

My personal favourite:
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.