Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can disposible batteries be charged?

I also use rechargeables for pretty everything, but your source is very cheap. I think normally one AA is R25 EACH. I googled LedLenser 0219816672, looks like they are in my reach. Will check them out.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"

marc@houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551

- Residential Serial Property Investor
    - Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager (www.houses4rent.co.za)

Looks like I misunderstood. It seems LedLenser is selling disposable batteries at R25/4, not rechargeables.
    Houses4Rent

marc@houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551

Yes, they're disposables. Rechargeables only last for an hour or two in my LedLenser torch. And the other disposables, even expensive ones, last much less than the LedLenser batteries.

Real++
    Software Engineering & Consulting
    (+27)(0)82 825 9797
    LinkedIn

Hi Marc,
    I bought one of these charges, to see if it would work!
    It seems like quite a nice charger, being able to charge many different battery types and sizes. It can also charge only one battery at a time, or two, or three, or four (AAA and AA), my other chargers need either two or four! It treats each battery as an independent entity, not clumping two together.
    I have re-charged two Panasonic Alkaline disposable AAA batteries that were no longer working in the device that I had them in, and they are again working well, and have been for the last two weeks.
    It took about 15 hours for them to charge.
    So, to answer your question "Can disposible batteries be charged?", I am going to say "Yes", with this device!!!

Sounds good, but I thought Alkaline are different anyway. I have some rechargeables and they need they own Alkaline specific charger. I once put one in a normal charger and I think it leaked/popped. So lets see how many more times you can charge the disposibles again....
    Houses4Rent

marc@houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551

Marc, it charges re-chargeable Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries, and then it also charges "Non re-chargeable" disposable Alkaline batteries.

The new charges are intelligent in that it works out from the voltage and charge rate what battery has been inserted.
    Victor

Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    LED lighting solutions - www.simplelights.co.za
    Solar lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Does that mean that this charged does not work for disposible Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries, only Alkaline?
    Houses4Rent

marc@houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551